Subject: Re: 141-2 Bus troubles
To: Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 11/15/2001 23:45:22
On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Bernd Walter wrote:

> The board has no onboard RAM beside of cache.
> >From what I understand addressing to VME RAM failed because of a
> timeout, but bus abritation succeded?

It is quite possible for arbitration to succeed but for a transfer to
fail. In this case, it looks like Write Posting may be enabled. This would
allow the write cycle to complete as far as the cpu is concerned.

> And the RAM needs to start at address 0x0.
> I have a MVME 224A-4 RAM board installed.
>
> I am not shure about the configuration and backplane requirements.
> I have no documentaion about these boards.

Either the RAM is not jumpered for 0x0, or the mvme141 is not set up as
VMEbus system controller. I can't help you with documentation for either
I'm afraid.

Cheers, Steve