Subject: Re: MVME141-2
To: None <port-mvme68k@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 11/02/2001 21:04:12
Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de> wrote;

> I own such a Board and would like to run NetBSD on it.
> From what I understood it it currently not supported.
> Does anyone know how different it is from supported 147 card?
>
> Can I compile mvme kernel under a sun3 or do I need a cross compiler?

You can take a comfort way by building m68k cross compiling
environment hosted by, say NetBSD/i386 or any others.   Discarded
Windows PC is a pretty cost effective tool for any development work.

I started NetBSD/luna68k porting hosted by sun3/60 1998 Summer.
Later that year the work ceased to proceed due to painful recompile
cycles. I resumed the porting effort late 1999.  At that time, I built
m68k cross compiling environment on SPARC LX sitting on a table
in my living.   2000 Summer I acquired Celeron 533MHz small Compaq.
I'm satisfied with it very well.  I realised Windows is a spoiling OS for
fine processor.

Toru Nishimura