Subject: Re: MVME141-2
To: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.co.uk>
From: Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 11/02/2001 10:31:52
On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 10:05:18PM +0000, Steve Woodford wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Bernd Walter wrote:
>
> > I own such a Board and would like to run NetBSD on it.
> > >From what I understood it it currently not supported.
> > Does anyone know how different it is from supported 147 card?
>
> As I understand it, the '141 has very little (1MB?) memory, a 68020 (I
> don't know if it even has an MMU co-pro) and no onboard network or scsi.
> Documentation for it will also be hard to find.

My 141-2 Has an 68030 so it also has an MMU.
And there is an 68882.
It only has cache RAM and 32k startup so it needs VME ram.
I own a VME memory card.
The 141-2 (different to the 141) has 2 seriel.
I also own a SCSI and a Ethernet card (327 and 374) - but both are
unsupported.
I don't have any transition card, which should only be a big problem
for the SCSI card.
I'm still awaiting a VME enclosure.

> As a result, it's unlikely NetBSD will ever support this board.

Well the hardware should be capable to run.
Looks like the show stopper is missing dokumentation.

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de