Subject: NetBSD 1.5 on MVME147 and CDROMs
To: None <port-mvme68k@netbsd.org>
From: David G. Tubbs <dgtubbs@mindspring.com>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 03/01/2001 14:39:38
Hi,

I just completed installing NetBSD 1.5 on my Motorola Delta with
an mvme147. Installation was smooth and straight foward.

I have a couple of questions. First, will NetBSD 1.5 support a
CDROM on the scsi bus of the 147? I have been attempting to mount
a scsi cdrom but no luck.

I have tried using the command, "mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt"
but get the error message "Operation not supported by device".

When I check /var/log/messages, I see that the CDROM is detected
on the scsi bus at boot time with the message:
"....netbsd: cd0 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <COMPAQ, CRD-254V, 1.06>
SCSI2 5/cdrom removable"

If someone may have any ideas, I would appreciate it.

My second question is about scsi floppy drives and I thought someone
might have some ideas since using motorola vme equipment you just about
have to use one if you want a floppy.

Is TEAC the only manufacturer of scsi floppies or do any of the other
manufacturers make a scsi product?

Do you know of any retailers for scsi floppies? I have tried TEAC
directly
but have been waiting for an answer. I am at present trying to obtain an
FC-1 board for the TEAC floppy that I have.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

David G. Tubbs