Subject: Re: Problem with MVME167
To: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
From: Andre Grosse Bley <gandalf@infinity.ping.de>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 03/09/1999 23:37:01
> > After disconnecting both disc drives
> > the boot up works without panic, but i dont have anything to install =
on. =

> What about trying each drive seperately?

It crashes if any disk drive is connected to the box. (OpenBSD seems to h=
ave =

same problem)

> > Perhaps the delay after scsi bus reset to begin of inquiry is too sho=
rt? [I =

> > only know FreeBSD on i386, and there's an kernel option for this dela=
y)
> There's no option. The delay is fixed at around 250mS.

Perhaps too short? How difficult is it to crosscompile a kernel for that =

machine + installation ramdisk from i386 FreeBSD? I hope a higher delay (=
1000 =

- 2000 msec) would help.

> > BTW, i tried another board (MVME 167B , 16 MB non ecc ram, 68040/25, =
but not =

> When you say 'not configured' I assume you mean that the NVRAM
> contents are not valid? You could try pressing reset and abort at

Nope, i did the "abort + reset" method to load defaults into NVRAM + set =

ethernet address. They only major difference from my MVME 167-34A (except=
 for =

memory and cpu) are older BUG rom=B4s

	Andre