Subject: Problem with MVME167
To: None <port-mvme68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andre Grosse Bley <gandalf@infinity.ping.de>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 03/05/1999 19:11:07
Hi folks,

i'm trying to install NetBSD-current (latest snapshot)  on a Motorola MVME 167
board (68040 CPU, 33 Mhz, 32 MB Ram, label says MVME 167-34A)
When i boot "netbsd-rd" from tape (dds1, scsi id 6), the kernel starts
up, changes console's speed to 9600 somewhere while detecting devices, gives
me a large registerdump(?) and
"panic: mmu fault.
halted"
And drops me back into the boards debugger. Sorry, i cannot provide
a logfile of startup yet, i've to connect our xterminal to the box
to have a chance for scrollback + cut'n'paste.

Any ideas? (the board is working perfectly under SysV68)

	Thanks in advance

		Andre