Subject: Re: panic: bad dir
To: John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
From: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 03/21/1997 22:14:16
On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, John Birrell wrote:

> Got a panic using:
> NetBSD 1.2 (VME147) #0: Mon Sep 16 16:41:20 CDT 1996
> /usr: bad dir ino 2 at offset 28: mangled entry
> panic: bad dir

> The result is a corrupted /usr partition (sd1d). Sigh.
> Am I just "lucky" or is this a known problem? I'm used to
> NetBSD/Alpha and it doesn't do this sort of thing. 8-)

Sounds like you were just 'lucky' :(  I've not seen this panic on the
'147 even after running the system hard for weeks, with numerous 'make
build's.

Have you checked the PR database for anything similar?

Sorry I can't fully answer your other questions just yet; I'm not bang up
to date with -current at the moment, while I try and sync my source tree
with the CVS tree. However, it does look like the addition of std.mvme68k
should remove the need for 'machine' in VME147...

As for the pflushs, it assembles fine on my 1.2. Are you sure your gas is
up to date?

Cheers, Steve