Subject: 1.2 mvme68k snapshot
To: None <port-mvme68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@maria.wustl.edu>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 07/05/1996 15:54:29
greetings-

   i have finally built a 1.2BETA snapshot for NetBSD/mvme68k.
you can obtain it from:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mvme68k/1.2

it consists of the following files:

  README.1ST		- short note from me
  INSTALL.mvme68k	- install instructions

  domestic_mvme68k.tar.gz	- crypto stuff (note export control)
  export_exec_mvme68k.tar.gz	- /usr
  export_root_mvme68k.tar.gz	- "root" (/export/root)

  export_rootbin_mvme68k.tar.gz - just /bin and /sbin (use to upgrade
					from 1.1, and save your /etc).

i've installed it on my 147 and it seems to work.

be sure to update your boot stuff (sboot/netboot) because i've rewritten
the bootblocks.    also be sure to back up any critical files before
attempting an upgrade/install.

BTW: for 1.2, I've decided to stick with a NFS/diskless install
scheme.  I've been testing the RAMDISK/miniroot stuff, but I'm
not comfortable releasing that yet since it hasn't been tested
or fully documented yet.    However, since it is close to working, I
may included it in the 1.2 binary dist as an "experimental" thing
(i.e. use at your own risk).     Note that this will certainly be
ready for NetBSD 1.3.

cheers,
chuck