Subject: Booting NetBSD via OS9
To: Chuck Cranor <chuck@maria.wustl.edu>
From: Stephan Boettcher <stephan@alzt.tau.ac.il>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 06/03/1996 12:23:26
Shalon, dear MVME147  NetBSD users,

My MVME147 has the OS9 2.4 EPROMS installed instead of the 147-bug PROMS.
I wrote a little tool to boot NetBSD-1.1 from OS9, without the 147-bug PROMS.

It is a dummy OS9 device driver module, that, instead of driving a
device, just dumps sboot (and netboot) into the memory and executes it,
when the dummy device is initialized.

If somebody else is interrested in booting NetBSD from an OS9 system, I
can supply the sources and ready to use modules.

Lots of thanks to Chuck, who helped in getting it work.

Stephan

Stephan B"ottcher                       FAX: +972-3-640-7932
School of Physics and Astronomy         Tel: +972-3-640-7722
High Energy Physics Department            or           -8240
Tel Aviv University                   Email: stephan@alzt.tau.ac.il
69978 Tel Aviv                            or boettcher@desy.de
Israel                   WWW:  http://zow00.desy.de:8000/~stephan/home.html