Subject: Re: Question: how to install a kernel
To: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
From: Wayne Knowles <wdk@netbsd.org>
List: port-mipsco
Date: 11/24/2002 17:54:31
On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> OK, what's the magic needed to install a kernel?  I didn't see this
> documented in any of the places I looked...

Place the 'netbsd' file generated by the kernel build into the root of the
target machine.  Or use 'make install' for self hosted machines.

netbsd.ecoff is for network booting only....

I guess you have tried that already hence the reason for asking here. If
you are still having problems it would pay to provide more info and/or
screen output.

--
Wayne Knowles			NetBSD/mipsco port maintainer
wdk@netbsd.org			http://www.netbsd.org