Subject: Re: Question: how to install a kernel
To: None <wdk@netbsd.org>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-mipsco
Date: 11/23/2002 22:42:03
In message: <20021124174659.I564-100000@grunt.lab>
            Wayne Knowles <wdk@netbsd.org> writes:
: On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > OK, what's the magic needed to install a kernel?  I didn't see this
: > documented in any of the places I looked...
:
: Place the 'netbsd' file generated by the kernel build into the root of the
: target machine.  Or use 'make install' for self hosted machines.
:
: netbsd.ecoff is for network booting only....

Ah, I was confused by netbsd.ecoff and wondered where it should go.
Too many years of doing OpenBSD/arc and putting the file in /dos to
get it loaded. :-)

: I guess you have tried that already hence the reason for asking here. If
: you are still having problems it would pay to provide more info and/or
: screen output.

I hadn't tried that.  Is there a way to break into the boot process if
this new kernel is no good?

Warner