Port-mipsco archive

Re: Rx3230 MIPS install question

In message: <20021111215752.A757-100000%grunt.lab@localhost>
            Wayne Knowles <wdk%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
: What you need to do is update the NetBSD disklabel with the correct
: parameters.    I don't know the minimum requirements, so I go for broke
: and set all spt, tpc, spcyl, cyl and total sectors.  Then set slice
: 'c' to match the total sectors.  After that it knows the correct disk
: size, and you are away.

OK.  I did exactly that.  I suspect that it is close to the minimal
set that's need.

: > RiscOS gets the right MAC address for this beast, but I see that it is
: > a FAQ on how to cope, so I won't ask about that just yet....
:
: Hmmm - A little worrying that it lost the MAC address - If RISC/os has one
: then perhaps we are looking at the wrong NVRAM address.

On second examination, it appears that RISC/os has the same
problem...  Now, to find a way to get a replacement part as well as a
way to program it.  Maybe I'll hack together something to allow me to
have a better MAC address in the interrum.

I now have the machine up and running.  I guess that I'll see about
building a newer kernel/userland...

Warner