Re: NetBSD on DECsystem 5000/240

On 2024-01-21 04:18, Magnus Lindholm wrote:
Hi all,

During the weekend I powered up an old DECsystem 5000/240 and decided
to try installing NetBSD. At first I tried 9.3 using the diskimage
installation. This failed in a kernel panic, Older versions like 5.2.3
which worked fine, however 6.1.5 failed in a kernel panic similar to
9.3. Finally I installed 10.0_RC3 which worked fine! So at least if
you're a PMAX owner NetBSD 10.0 seems to work better than previous
releases, at least as far as the installation goes.

Anyway, not sure if this is relevant to this mailing list, but I
figured I'd let others know, being a bit unsure how many
NetBSD/pmax:ers still are out there.

Magnus

Funny that you asked :)

Just yesterday I was looking at my 5000/240 and wondering, if the bigger graphics options were ever supported,

(i860 anyone?) or even anybody tried.