Re: Algorithmics LTD P4000i, usermanual?

On Fri, 28 Jul 2023, Mouse wrote:

> >> [...] the Algorithmics LTD P4000i board [...]
> > I have uploaded a copy of "P-4000i User's Manual" to
> > <ftp://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/people/macro/Algorithmics/>.
>
> Now _that_ is my idea of good hardware documentation.  If I felt I
> could afford the costs (physical space and temptation), I would be
> looking for one.

 Unsurprisingly.  The company was formed back in ~1989 by a small group of
great engineers from former Whitechapel Workstations company.  I worked
with them in my MIPS UK days in mid 2000s, soon after Algorithmics was
acquired by MIPS Technologies to form the UK R&D site.  Fond memories.

 The manual must have been written by Dominic Sweetman, who's had a
distinctive, comprehensible writing style, cf. "See MIPS Run" (which I
highly recommend to anyone (still) interested in the MIPS architecture).

  Maciej