Re: Missing X binary

O 01/12/21 ás 19:26, David Brownlee escribiu:
On Sun, 31 Oct 2021 at 10:28, Parodper <parodper%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

Hi,

I was playing around on gxemul with a DECstation 3MAX VM, and found out,
when trying to startx, that the xserver.tgz set does not include the
eponymous X server.

Am I missing something, or is it just not included?

It looks like it dropped out during an upgrade of the Xorg version
between NetBSD-7 and NetBSD-8 (probably when XAA acceleration support
was dropped). As it happens it should be possible to run a generic
Xwsfb X server, similar to VAX.

Thanks for the answer. Will try that when I have the time.

However, unless I miss my guess, gxemul doesn't actually emulate
DECstation display hardware, so an X server may not help you.

http://gavare.se/gxemul/gxemul-stable/doc/machine_decstation.html#netbsdpmaxinstall does show twm, but that info was last updated on NetBSD 7.1.2