Re: The continuing saga of my 5000/200 [was Re: DECstation 5000/200 timekeeping]

> I've got the machine running pseudo-diskless (booted off a disk, but
> NFS-mounted my house NFS server and chrooted to that mount point)
> [...]

A further very odd symptom: the DS 5000/200 can ping the NFS server,
but the NFS server can't ping the DS.  Even though NFS works fine.
(The NFS server is NetBSD/i386, my modified 5.2.)

tcpdump on the NFS server sees both packets for pings from the DS.
When I ping the DS from the NFS server, tcpdump on the DS sees both
request and reply, but the NFS server never sees the reply.  I
currently have no clue whatever why not.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign