Re: NetBSD/arc 9.2 on Acer PICA

Il 17/07/2021 16:13, Martin Husemann ha scritto:
> Indeed - I'll hapilly fix it once it is clear what went wrong.
>
> It should create a 2 MB FAT12 partition and mount it at /msdos,
> then copy /usr/mdec/boot there.
>
> Does that not work?
> Or is something else needed?

The installer works as intended, it creates a 2Mb FAT12 partition with
the bootloader in it, but my system refuse to boot from it as if the
filesystem on that partition wasn't recognized, don't have a copy of the
exact error message right now.
I also manually formatted the 2Mb partition with newfs_msdos (with -F 12
for FAT12) and put a copy of /usr/mdec/boot in here, still the same error.

Right now my Pica is missing a case, it's just the mainboard with all
the peripherals laying on my desk, I'm waiting the delivery of an
appropiate cabinet to put the system back together in a more stable
form, maybe next week I can do more test on the system a report back
with more information, I will try with another disk of smaller size just
to be sure it's not some issue with the disk geometry or size.

--
Giuliano Paolo Brunetti
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31231773@N02/sets/