Re: mips64eb seems to be mostly 32-bit

> > seems to include all the files my setup requires. The additional
> > binary packages would need to be built on the system, of course. I
> > hope pkgsrc-2021Q2 is good enough for that. Other than that, are
> > you aware of any particular issues that would make mipsn64eb
> > unsuitable for compiling and running C programs over SSH?
>
> i don't know of any particular issues, but i haven't played with this
> part yet and we only just recently enabled the builds.  you might be
> the first user to try :-)

That's great. Fortunately, I managed to install evbmips-mipsn64eb
202107031340Z onto a separate USB storage. A brief test had exposed the
following regressions compared to mips64eb 202107021200Z:

* The installer segfaults if you create a NetBSD MBR partition and then
  edit it and enable both "install" and "active". (I do not use the
  pre-built root filesystem image because it is partitioned such that
  the root filesystem is on "dk1", and the kernel by default expects it
  to be on "sd0a". This bug is not a mipsn64eb regression because
  mips64eb has it wrong in the first place.)

* DHCP does not work. Static IPv4 works fine.

Jul  3 11:06:20 netbsd-mips64 dhcpcd[1268]: cnmac1: ps_bpf_recvbpf:
Resource temporarily unavailable

* pkgsrc-2021Q2 fails to build Autoconf-driven packages because the
  latter is not aware of the new build name.

checking build system type... Invalid configuration
`mipsn64eb-unknown-netbsd9.99': machine `mipsn64eb-unknown' not
recognized

configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub mipsn64eb-unknown-netbsd9.99
failed

*** Error code 1

That said, userspace looks 64-bit, so if anyone could advise on the best
way to address the last problem I would be interested to give it
another go.

netbsd-mips64# file /usr/bin/gcc
/usr/bin/gcc: ELF 64-bit MSB pie executable, MIPS, MIPS-III version 1
(SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so, for
NetBSD 9.99.86, not stripped

Thank you for your help so far.

--
    Denis Ovsienko