evbmips-mips64el 9.99.61 userland segfaults

After a long hiatus, I finally got around to booting (tftp, NFS root)
my Lemote YeeLoong with 9.99.61 built from sources around 202005131253Z.

Userland programs are still very likely to segfault.  During 'rc'
processing of my two most recent boots, 'wsconscfg', and another program
I don't recall segfaulted the first time.  'route' and 'getty' segfaulted
the second time.  It's essentially random as to what will fail.

The utilities involved in 'etcupdate' and 'postinstall'  procedures
(particularly 'md5', 'sed', 'rm') would segfault frequently during the
process.

As such, NetBSD is almost unusable on evbmips-mip64el (*eb?).

Unfortunately, the current directory during 'etcupdate' was read-only,
so no core files were left.  I'll arrange for core files to be saved
somewhere writable and try to point a (cross-)gdb at them.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD