re: Linker warnings building 8.1 kernel for sgimips

> Is this expected behaviour or a bug?

it is expected behaviour.

we want the majority of the kernel running with no FP code,
and build it with "soft float" option to ensure that nothing
will be emitted (but also don't provide symbols, so that the
kernel won't link if actually used).  however, we do need to
build parts of the kernel with real FP support -- the part
that saves and restores the FP regs at least -- so we end up
linking softfloat and hardfloat together.

.mrg.