Re: installboot on landisk

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 09:53:26PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> my recent sysinst changes broke installation on landisk.

... and the reason I mailed this to port-mips is that the *other*
failure I am investigating (and have no clue about yet) is hpcmips.

Gxemul does not work on my machines (lots of wdc/ata failures, maybe related
to other libs installed or timing).

On the auto test runs in gxemul the install works, but the result does
not boot.

I think it just should work, there are minor differences (in partition
alignment and FFS related fields in the disklabel being zero), but IMHO
nothing during the boot process should care about those.

Any ideas on this (or testing on real hpcmips machines) welcome ;-)

Martin