u-boot nit on CI20

I see a strange effect on the wiered u-boot version on my CI20:

ci20# bootm
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 88000000 ...
   Image Name:   evbmips 7.99.34 (CI20)
   Image Type:   MIPS NetBSD Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    1623322 Bytes = 1.5 MiB
   Load Address: 80020000
   Entry Point:  80020000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
subcommand not supported
ci20#

The "subcommand not supported" - is that something wrong in our image?

Starting the kernel manually with "go 80020000" afterwards just works
(more or less, it hangs after enabling interrupts for me, but the
kernel starts to boot).

Martin