re: Latest evbmips/LOONGSON (Lemote Yeeloong) observations

> > (==) Using default built-in configuration (12 lines)
> > (EE) Failed to load /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/drivers/siliconmotion_drv.so: /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/drivers/siliconmotion_drv.so: Undefined symbol "vgaHWddc1Se
> tSpeed" (symnum = 33)
>
> This one is trivial to fix, we don't need or want the vgahw module on MIPS.
> Heck, the SM50x isn't even VGA compatible.
>
> > Is this yet another example of the "siliconmotion" driver being built
> > for PC hardware when the target hardware is anything but?
>
> Yes and no. Some newer SiliconMotion chips do have VGA compatibility
> goo, and if we were using VGA text mode on them then the vgahw module
> would actually be useful. We don't though.
>
> I'm going to fix that in the next few days.

FWIW, the siliconmotion driver itself seems to actually depend on the
vgaHW module on purpose.  there are many refs in smi_driver.c,
smilynx_crtc.c and smilynx_hw.c (and others.)

it might just be easier to make it provided for linkage, even if
those functions won't actually be called.

.mrg.