Latest evbmips/LOONGSON (Lemote Yeeloong) observations

As of NetBSD-7.99.20:

Old:

Writes to NFS via extraction of files by 'tar' or I/O redirection produce
corrupt files.

'amd' complains about "invalid argument" on all automount points

New:

Writes to 'ext2fs' filesystems via extraction of files by 'tar' causes
system to hang requiring power-cycle (no diagnostic messages printed,
dropping to DDB not possible).  (As of 7.99.1[5-8], it would print a
diagnostic message, but that has been lost.)

Running from NFS root, system may hang when starting services via
'rc'--typically 'syslogd' or 'ntpd'.  Usually occurs on first boot attempt
following long power-down period.  Power-cycle is required.  Subsequent
attempts usually succeed.

"Backspace" key generates DEL (^?) in applications, not treated as synonym
for ^H (erase).  (Annoying at Password: prompts or in text editors.)

Changed/fixed:

'ntpd' no-longer complains about:

  ntpd[PID]: local_clock:
.../src/external/bsd/ntp/dist/ntpd/ntp_loopfilter.c line 703: invalid struct
timex pointer: 0x100fa718

native 'gcc' (4.8.5) seems to work with "-O2" (default
"mk/wrapper/transform-gcc").  It has not (so far) segfaulted while
compiling and the resulting binaries seem to work fine.

'pkgsrc' (HEAD) seems no-longer confused about the build vs install
platform and installs packages without complaint.