Re: HEADS UP: MIPS switching to common pmap (uvm/pmap)

Hi Matt,

Matt Thomas wrote:

> I now have MIPS using the same pmap code as PowerPC BookE in
> sys/uvm/pmap.
>
> I plan on merging it into the tree next week.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> By using the common pmap code, MIPS kernel now support dynamically
> increasing kernel address space.

Have you benchmarked the new common pmap?  I'm curious if it's better,
worse or the the same for any micro benchmarks that are pmap dependant
(lmbench fork comes to mind, maybe something with lots of malloc/free?).

> If you have a MIPS system and you'd like to try a new kernel,
> let me know and I can built you one.

If there's anything you think needs testing that you don't have access
to, let me know.  I've still got way too much crap in the garage :).

Cheers,
Simon.