Re: Implementation of _bus_dmamap_load_raw for MIPs

On Feb 2, 2014, at 8:22 PM, Vennila <vennila.arumugam%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Implementation of _bus_dmamap_load_raw() API is missing for MIPS
> architecture and so porting of athn code from current release results in
> issue in dma allocation.
>
> Kindly help us providing the required API definition.

There's a reason for why there is no support for bus_dmamap_load_raw.
The instructions used by bus_dmamap_sync on mips use virtual addresses
for working on the cache.  Since _raw operates on physical addresses,
there are no physical addresses.

Instead of doing raw, you can use bus_dmamem_map and bus_dmamap_load
to get a working dmamap.

That all being said, I just a committed a version of bus_dmamap_load_raw
which might work for you.  It's completely untested so have fun!