mips SOFTFLOAT status ?

Hi,
does anyone know what the status of mips NOFPU+SOFTFLOAT is ?
I'm working on a platform with a mips32 without MMU and I have troubles
with it. The symptom is that ping exits immediatly with:
0 packets transmitted, 0 packets received
I tracked it down to the (d_last > 0) comparaison being always false
(d_last is a double but I tried also with a float) when it
has been set to a positive constant just before.
Also, printf("%f") doesn't work, it always print 0 while examining the
memory show it's not 0.

It is working for someone else ?