[no subject]

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Infected files: 0
0.027 sec (0 m 0 s)

From: "Nishimura" <locore64%alkyltechnology.com@localhost>
To: <port-mips%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: Re: Hypervisor / para-virtualization by MIPS "supervisor mode"
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:29:43 +0900

matthew green points out;

> why can't we move this sort of code into as machine-independant
> place as possible?  virtual instances are great, so we should try
> to push as much of this into every platform we can.
>
> ie, i agree and support what you're talking about but let's set
> our goals a little higher :)

Ok, have a bigger dream, this time.

- NetBSD kernel has a unique and sane foundation to have multiple
OS personalities to choose struct emul and system call switch which
ELF binaries determine at process invocations.
- SMP support is known mature enough.
- NUMA/ccNUMA aware address space management desirable.
- interelationship among proven and available technologies like
Xen/VT/chip-level-multithread stuffs pose interesting issues to
be solved (re-tackled) by OS foundation itself.
- other cosiderations?

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology