a port to the Atheros AR71xx (eg. Ubuquity RouterStaion-Pro)?

Is anyone contemplating, or perhaps even already working on, a port to
the Atheros AR71xx SoC (MIPS24k/mips32-be)?

An example board (which is trivially available as a current, low-cost,
"retail" product) would be the Ubiquity RouterStation-Pro:

    http://www.ubnt.com/products/rspro.php
    http://www.ubnt.com/wiki/index.php/RouterStation_Pro

There's a project ongoing for FreeBSD to port to this board and chipset,
along with several other similar MIPS chips:

    http://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/mips

Note I believe, based on comparisons with FreeBSD, that NetBSD/mips
MALTA kernels may boot on the RouterStation-Pro's little brother, the
RouterStation.  However I don't have a RS board, yet, so I haven't tried
dong so.

I would be very interested in working together with anyone interested in
a port, or even with some help in how best to organize such a port into
the existing design of NetBSD/mips.  I would hope that we could
leverage most of the initial AR71xx support from the FreeBSD project.

If I can get something working fast enough, and of course assuming the
platform (both the AR71xx, as well as NetBSD itself) meets other
necessary fundamental requirements, there's a good chance I'll be able
to dedicate a significant portion of my work hours to this port.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 416 218 0099        http://www.planix.com/