Re: standard runtime for (possible/hopeful) 64bit kernels

n32 and n64 both use 32 FP regs in 64-bit mode
so both ABIs have the "full" FPU available.

MIPS32 = R4000 - upper half of 64bit registers (um, ~= e500/440)

I abandoned tracking recent MIPS processor market development,
and not sure my understanding is valid or not, however, the original
MIPS32 has no FP math inside, but, some modern variants look to
have FP circuit again.  In such designs 16 paired 32bit FP or 32x
full size 64bit FP registers revive again.  What an ABI nightmare.

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology