Re: standard runtime for (possible/hopeful) 64bit kernels

(David Holland made an extensive summary about MIPS ABI...)

I don't think it's a particularly good idea to build out new ports for
all of these,

My belief is there is no need to have arch/mips64 and arch/mips/ would
be able to acomodate 64bit variation as sub-dir.  That's the way L* camp
has changed ppc64 implementation.

Since NetBSD/mips is going to become new to 64bit in the 2nd dicade of
the 21st Century, the efforts should be focused on N32, w/ N64 variation,
and O32 compat, I think.  Oh, MIPS processor has such an abilities to run
'reverse-endian' program per-process basis, which is a particular feature
recent modern MIPS implementations have started omitting.

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology