Subject: Re: Toolchain and ABI
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@gmail.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/13/2007 11:01:20
On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 03:18:25PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> I'd want to hear the NetBSD solution to this problem.

Me too!

I think there are three parts to the solution:

 - define a make variable to select abi, like ${TARGET_ABI}, and fix
   some of the share/mk files to provide proper CFLAGS/LDFLAGS depending
   on this being set
 - define new directories /lib${TARGET_ABI} and /usr/lib${TARGET_ABI}, and make
   /lib and /usr/lib a symlink to one of them. Make the mk files provide
   proper args for this, and/or modify gcc(1) and ld(1) to know about this
   abi dependend default directories.
 - modify the gcc/binutils configurations to supply multiple abis

Martin