Subject: Re: SGI MIPSpro N32 assembler macros
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@gmail.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.org>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/13/2007 17:43:33
"Masao Uebayashi" wrote:

> According to "MIPSpro N32 ABI Handbook", they have macros which
> support writing portable (== ABI-neutral) assembler code, like REG_L
> and SETUP_GP.  src/sys/arch/mips/include/asm.h has some definitions
> but it's very incomplete.
>
> The question is, do we want the complete set of macros of SGI MIPSpro?
>  If so, where can I find the (complete) reference?

I think we do want the complete set of these macros.  The Linux
and Irix header files that define these are very similar but
not exactly the same - the macro names are the same but they're
reordered.

I don't think it should be too hard to cobble together something similar
for our <mips/asm.h> ...

Simon.