Subject: Re: Newbie - install questions
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: UnterGeek <slim@canispublishing.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/24/2007 07:57:15
   After turning off "console" in wscons.conf and turning on TTYE0 as screen
0 (and fiddling with /etc/ttys), I was able to use the Pencentra screen, run
TWM under X, and it even detected my USB keyboard. Very exciting! Touching
the screen causes the mouse pointer to move, but it doesn't really track...

    But I am still needing my mainframe to get over the hurdle of having to
tell the booter where my root drive/dump drives are. It boots as far as

atabus0 at wdc1 channel 0
wd0 at atabus0 drive 0: <SanDisk SDCFH-2048>
wd0: drive supports 4-sector PIO transfers, LBA addressing
wd0: 1953 MB, 3970 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 4001760 sectors
wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4
boot device: wd0
root device (default md0a): I type in <wd0a>
dump device (default wd0b): wd0a  Typed in...
file system (default generic):    Typed in...

... and this has to be done over console boot because the Pencentra screen
and keyboard aren't up yet.

Any suggestions? I'm so close!

Peter