Subject: Re: how-to's to build a mips toolchain
To: Dunceor <dunceor@gmail.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 01/21/2007 10:05:39
On 1/21/07, Dunceor <dunceor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm looking for a how-to about information to build a mips32 toolchain
> in NetBSD.
>
> I do not have much information about NetBSD itself but other *BSD's.
> I'm interested to try and build a port of NetBSD for a mips32 board we have
> at work.
>
> Any links for information to do this would be great.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but if you
download the source tree (not sure which part, I always get the entire
thing), you can then do this:

mkdir /usr/obj-mips
mkdir /usr/tools-mips
cd /usr/src
./build.sh -m <some architecture which matches yours> -T
/usr/tools-mips -O /usr/obj-mips tools

I use -m cobalt and -m hpcmips for the particular machines I have.

All the toolchain will be in the /usr/tools-mips/bin directory.

This is a cross compile, so you can do it from any machine. The -m
flag is what does the cross compile. It should work from any well set
up unix machine, but I've only used NetBSD.

Andy