Subject: Re: meshcube owners (poll)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 08/09/2006 10:05:36
Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Martin Husemann wrote:
>> The second ethernet has no connector and I'm not aware of any
>> possibility
>> to add one (*very* sad & stupid, it seems).
>
> Yuck, indeed.
>

>> The serial console connector
>> is *evil*.
>
> Why?
>

>> Besides: since 4GL changed distributors the cubes are way overpriced,
>> IMHO
>> (it seems they go for ~ $700 nowadays)
>
> *cough* :-(
>
> While there: What's the chance of getting NetBSD ported to a AVM
> Fritzbox? The hardware is a TI Avalanche MIPS SoC w/ an AR7, ethernet
> is realized via ADMtek AMD9660; USB, DSL, POTS and ISDN are included
> on the SoC, and the system has 32MB RAM and 8MB flash. Linux-Sources
> and lots of information [1] is available, but I lack the hacking
> skills... :(

If it doesn't exist in NetBSD, it can probably be reasonably done if
hardware and docs are available.  I might be willing to do it if there
is sufficient interest and someone donates some hardware to me.  Without
funding though, it will take a backseat to the projects that folks are
paying me for. :-)  So I can't state a specific timeline.

    -- Garrett

>  - Hubert
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware
>
> CPU:
> ar7 = Texas Instruments MIPS (=avalanche=sangam=tnet7)
>
> danisahne -> Linux Mods
> http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=85371
>

> ftp.avm.de/linux
> http://www.avm.de/Linux/
> http://www.avm.de/de/index.php3?Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_WLAN/index.js.ht
>
> ml
> http://www.avm.de/de/index.php3?Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_WLAN/index.js.html
>
> ftp://ftp.avm.de/develper/opensrc/fritzbox-source-files-current.tar.gz
> ftp://ftp.avm.de/develper/opensrc/
>

> TI AR7
> http://focus.ti.com/pdfs/bcg/ar7_prod_bulletin.pdf
> http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/bcg/bcgprodcontent.tsp?templateId=6116&navigationId=12248&contentId=4001