Subject: Re: meshcube owners (poll)
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-mips
Date: 08/09/2006 18:52:45
On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Martin Husemann wrote:
> The second ethernet has no connector and I'm not aware of any possibility
> to add one (*very* sad & stupid, it seems).

Yuck, indeed.

> The serial console connector
> is *evil*.

Why?

> Besides: since 4GL changed distributors the cubes are way overpriced, IMHO
> (it seems they go for ~ $700 nowadays)

*cough* :-(

While there: What's the chance of getting NetBSD ported to a AVM Fritzbox?
The hardware is a TI Avalanche MIPS SoC w/ an AR7, ethernet is realized
via ADMtek AMD9660; USB, DSL, POTS and ISDN are included on the SoC, and
the system has 32MB RAM and 8MB flash. Linux-Sources and lots of
information [1] is available, but I lack the hacking skills... :(

  - Hubert

[1]
http://wiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware

CPU:
ar7 = Texas Instruments MIPS (=avalanche=sangam=tnet7)

danisahne -> Linux Mods
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=85371

ftp.avm.de/linux
http://www.avm.de/Linux/
http://www.avm.de/de/index.php3?Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_WLAN/index.js.ht
ml
http://www.avm.de/de/index.php3?Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_WLAN/index.js.html
ftp://ftp.avm.de/develper/opensrc/fritzbox-source-files-current.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.avm.de/develper/opensrc/

TI AR7
http://focus.ti.com/pdfs/bcg/ar7_prod_bulletin.pdf
http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/bcg/bcgprodcontent.tsp?templateId=6116&navigationId=12248&contentId=4001