Subject: Re: 64bit divide
To: None <jpfoster@exterity.co.uk>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 07/09/2006 14:12:45

 :
> The div_d routine is in arch/mips/mips though so I would
> not have thought endian had anything to do with it.

I'm afraid there are few people who tried mips SOFTFLOAT code
on big endian environment. (anyone tried it on alchemy?)

I guess you would have to add some #if _BYTE_ORDER
like locore_mips3.S to swap high/low words in some
64bit functions.

BTW, do NEC VR41xx processors work properly on big endian?
I heard a rumour that some embedded peripherals didn't work
on big endian since they were designed for WindowsCE.
---
Izumi Tsutsui