Subject: Re: looking for mips64 h/w
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: port-mips
Date: 06/03/2006 14:21:06
--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 09:28:44PM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> Our SoC student working the MIPS64 port has had trouble locating 64-bit
> compliant hardware.
>=20
> Can anyone help out here?  A malta or similar would probably be ideal,
> but an older SGI would probably work too.  In an ideal world, I'd also
> get a loan, as mentor, as I only have 32-bit MIPS h/w.  But I can
> probably get by with qemu for now.  Anyway, the loan of a machine or two
> for a couple of months (for the Summer Of Code duration) would be
> greatly appreciated.

I, like Jan Schaumann, have an Octane available, but in Iowa.
However, I can't really afford to ship it, let alone to China.

But, if I can be of any help testing stuff I'd try to do what I can.

And yes, (at least this one anyway) SGI boxes can do serial console.

Also, I may be able to get a console server, netboot file
selection thing and power cycler setup if it would be useful.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L--