Subject: Re: thoughts on organization...
To: None <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/11/2006 16:14:14
In message: <060301205723.M0101659@mirage.ceres.dti.ne.jp>
            Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp> writes:
: In article <44032897.1050901@tadpole.com>
: garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:
:
: > There was some note on ICB that a few other bits, /usr/mdec are machine
: > dependent as well.  It was suggested that we could split base.tgz into
: > base and base-md.tgz.  Then only the truly machine specific bits would
: > need to be non-shared.
:
: Yeah, but this makes sysinst a bit complicated, and some people on
: architectures which have only one ${MACHINE} on its ${MACHINE_CPU}
: might complain?
: (if we'll support x86 mac, the situation could be better ;-)

Clearly NetBSD pc98 support should be integrated then :-)  Its MACHINE
is pc98 and its MACHINE_ARCH/MACHINE_CPU is i386.

Warner

P.S.  For those that don't know, the 'pc98' platform is for Japanese
NEC PC9801 and PC9821 series of computers.  This is also known as the
Japanese PC, PC98x1, NEC98 and few other names.  It is x86, but not
IBM-AT compatible because the PC9801 family pre-dates the IBM-PC/AT.

P.P.S.  If you want to talk about pc98 machines, I'm sure there's a
better place than here.  I just note it in passing...