Subject: Re: patch for ddb mach tlb to show 36-bit addrs...
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 02/21/2006 00:24:52
Simon Burge wrote:
> "Garrett D'Amore" wrote:
>

>> Anyone have any objections to me committing the following change, which
>> makes ddb's tlb command show 36-bit MIPS addresses by default (only for
>> MIPS3 ISAs).
>>
>> For machines with only 32-bit paddrs it adds an extra zero.  (Although
>> the MIPS ISA specifically supports 36-bit phys addresses.)
>>
>> I think that on 64-bit mips it will actually show a full a 64-bit
>> address, but it won't be neatly aligned if bigger than 36 bits. :-)  but
>> i think that is better than just arbitrarily chopping off the upper bits.
>>

> Looks good to me.
>
> Does the output still fit nicely in 80 columns?

Yep. as long as the addresses are only 36 bits.  If you actually have an
address that is bigger (only possible with MIPS64 FAIK), then it won't.
But probably that routine should be rewritten then to break the Lo1 and
Lo2 entries onto separate lines.  :-)

In any case I consider not fitting nicely in such a case less "bad" then
the arbitrary lossage of the high bits. :-)

I'm going to go ahead and commit.

    -- Garrett
> Simon.
> --