Subject: Kernel is crashing with ftpd tranfers.
To: None <port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/27/2005 23:06:43
Hi,
I compiled a kernel which otherwise runs fine, but crashes hard during
the ftp transfers from my qube.
I am trying to debug this problem and accordng to FAQ, I build kernel
with makeoptions=-g, crashed the kernel to obtain a core dump and now I
am running in to a problem.

FAQ states that I need to do "target kcore" command in the gdb but gdb
does not have a kcore target and "target core" complains about the file
format. How do I debug this sort of crash?

The only thing I can tell so far that it is a TLB miss on load or
instruction fetch in the kernel mode. It is caused by ftpd.
I compiled somewhat reduced kernel but why should it crash during ftp
transfer?

I have not noticed anything strange during any other operation, only
ftpd transfering data out.

Thanks,
Alex