Subject: Re: 2.1 Kernels do not boot when booted with bootloader other
To: NetBSD <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/20/2005 16:43:47
Some additional information:
CoLo is able to execute generic 2.1, 2.0.1 and 3.0-RC1 kernels. They are
too big for native bootloader. Unfortunately all of these kernels get
stuck at "Kernelized RAIDframe activated" line, when booted over the
network. I guess they would be not good for restore environment.

Also colo is able to boot generic 1.6.2 kernel to the prompt but kernel
is unable to obtain ip address for some reason. Server does not see dhcp
requests from that kernel.

Another note : default config, that comes with the 2.1 cobalt, getting
bus error while processing GENERIC or any other config file derived from
GENERIC. I had to compile config that comes with kernel source in order
to compile my custom kernel. This may be the source of my problems.

Thanks,
Alex