Subject: Re: blocked interrupts (was CVS commit: src/sys/arch/arc)
To: None <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 11/18/2005 22:53:15
In article <437D2462.4020908@tadpole.com>
garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:

> I wonder if this is related to an interrupt problem with PCI on the
> Au1550 core I'm currently debugging.  It manifests with network cards
> taking 1 full second to respond to ping.  Increasing the ping frequency
> seems to solve this problem.  However until it is solved, simple things
> like a single telnet session have unacceptably poor performance.  (1
> second latency!)

I don't think softintr functions take such long time (1 sec),
but it seems softintr requests are lost.
(ack after 1 sec is caused by the next ping?)

Does your port use MI mips softintr functions? (though evbmips does)
Does any inputs from serial port (which also triggers softintr)
also fix the problem?
---
Izumi Tsutsui