Subject: Re: "pmap_unwire: wiring ... didn't change!"
To: None <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 09/03/2005 01:12:56
In article <20050902153616.GB20222@spathi.chuq.com>
chuq@chuq.com wrote:

> you keep saying that, I keep not believing you.  :-)

Heh, ;-)

> do we need to save and restore the special 4100 pagemask any more than
> we need to save and restore the normal pagemask?  if all the non-locked
> entries have it, then wouldn't it be the same?  or does the hardware
> automatically zero the pagemask sometimes?

If WinCE (or hpcboot) sets pagemask to 0x1800 it should be preserved,
but as I wrote before the current kernel doesn't initialize the pagemask.
The previous MachTLBUpdate() initialized it to 0x1800 (default_pg_mask)
on creating a new entry, but I don't know it was actually worth.

> what kind of box has a 4100 CPU anyway?

hpcmips with VR41xx CPU, including all NEC ones :-)
---
Izumi Tsutsui