Subject: Re: "pmap_unwire: wiring ... didn't change!"
To: Izumi Tsutsui <>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <>
List: port-mips
Date: 03/20/2005 22:09:51

    Izumi> How about this one? (adding cache flush before/after KSEG0 access)
    Izumi> [...]

I've just tested it togehther with chuq's "pmap_unwire: wiring ...
didn't change!" patch (is this still relevant/actual!?:

) on my qube2: This is the first time my several 100 mb data
copy/compare test script passes successfully, no data corruptions! :-)
... only a system hangup during the 4th run of that script (no further
system/kernel message for that :-/)

    Izumi> As discussed on port-mips this is not a "real" fix, but
    Izumi> IMHO this could be an acceptable compromise for current
    Izumi> pmap,

-> A very good compromise, no obvious performance loss! :-)

Any hint how to investigate the hangups further?