Subject: R8000 Indigo2
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-mips
Date: 09/30/2004 03:30:25
In article <BBBFF660-1241-11D9-A0D3-0005024D4123@macfinity.net>
timo.schoeler@macfinity.net wrote:

> i do have a Power Indigo2 (with MIPS R8000 :) and would *really* like
> it to run NetBSD. AFAIK the IP26 (I2/R8k) is not yet supported (maybe
> that nobody tried it, tho)...

AFAIK, there is no R8000 support in current NetBSD/mips,
so we have to have R8000 specific code (cache, cpuregs etc.) first.
If IP26 has the similar hardware with IP22/24, device support
should be trivial once after the CPU is supported, but I doubt it.

> is there anything i could do (try to set it up, making it reachable via
> serial line)?

IMHO "to make serial console working" is the first step for porting,
but it requires to push reset button or power switch many times...
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp