Subject: Re: R8000 Indigo2
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-mips
Date: 09/29/2004 20:44:12
>> i do have a Power Indigo2 (with MIPS R8000 :) and would *really* like
>> it to run NetBSD. AFAIK the IP26 (I2/R8k) is not yet supported (maybe
>> that nobody tried it, tho)...
>
> AFAIK, there is no R8000 support in current NetBSD/mips,
> so we have to have R8000 specific code (cache, cpuregs etc.) first.
> If IP26 has the similar hardware with IP22/24, device support
> should be trivial once after the CPU is supported, but I doubt it.

The IP26 should be fairly similar to IP28 (Indigo2 R10000), it also=20
supports >384MByte RAM (the limit of IP22, R4x00 Indigo2).

As soon as my G4 finished building RC1, i can have a look at the=20
documentation i have at these issues. unfortunately, i do only have the=20=

public-accessable from sgi and other sources, but i'll put them on my=20
webserver anyway.

>> is there anything i could do (try to set it up, making it reachable=20=

>> via
>> serial line)?
>
> IMHO "to make serial console working" is the first step for porting,
> but it requires to push reset button or power switch many times...

that is no problem at all. but first, i should get another HD into this=20=

machine, the original is horribly loud (i.e. the ball bearing is crap=20
;)

if anybody is interested, i could make it available and also listen on=20=

emails to reset it...

--=20
mit vorz=FCglichster Hochachtung/best regards,

Timo Sch=F6ler
//macfinity -- finest IT services | Triftstrasse 39 | 13353 Berlin |=20
Germany
Fon ++49 30 25 20 30 20 | Fax ++49 30 25 20 30 19
PGP data http://www.macfinity.net/~tis/contact/PGPPKB_timo.schoeler.txt=