Subject: Re: panic: cache error -- on R5k INDY
To: Christopher SEKIYA <>
From: Antti Kantee <>
List: port-mips
Date: 04/26/2004 12:20:34
On Sun Apr 25 2004 at 09:30:55 +0900, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> (port-mips added to distribution list, as we're now in MI land)
> On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 06:01:22PM -0500, sgimips NetBSD list wrote:
> > Moved things around, and is the culprit.
> > and the currently-built both cause the problem.
> > When (which is pre-2.0) is placed in /lib (and all /lib
> > and /usr/lib symlinks to it are adjusted) all seems fine.
> That narrows it down to a MIPS-specific change in libc committed between
> 2004/03/04 23:43:56 and 2004/03/25 00:02:46 (the former date marking .113,
> the latter .114).  Maybe the sigtrampoline code?
> (to bring port-mips up to speed, 2.0 and -current experience bus errors and
> cache errors at random intervals with and newer.
> is fine, resulting in a stable system.  This is going to be a showstopper for
> sgimips for 2.0 :( )

Hmm, interesting.  I'd still say that the kernel is deathly sick here.
Perhaps the new libc is only triggering a previously unseen bug.

I wonder why this isn't showing up on other mips3 platform.  Perhaps
ip22_cache.S is to blame?

Does a PR for this already exist?  I couldn't find one.

Antti Kantee <>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
                 "connoisseurs do not chill their malts."