Subject: Re: Removing MIPS3_L2CACHE_ABSE
To: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-mips
Date: 12/13/2003 13:46:16
On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 01:35:11PM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> Your code shows you do not understand how VIPT makes virutal alias issue.

You're right, I don't.  I'm learning as I go.  I was attempting to interpret
your suggestion as best I could.

> The point is OS must pay full attention NOT to make virtual alias at
> run time.  zero_page/copy_page produce VA condition on every
> occasion,  what-a-....

Without trying to be argumentative, sir, since you:

	a) have longstanding objection to the code formerly surrounded
	   by the #ifdef,
	b) clearly have an understanding of the issues involved that is far
	   superior to mine (and probably Rafal, and possibly the people that
	   originally wrote the code),
	c) have been contributing to the NetBSD project far longer than we
	   have,

... would you terribly mind lending a hand?  That would result in this issue
being resolved properly, rather than prolonging the current situation with
the possibility of ill will being generated between the principals.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)